What would happen to my permanent resident status after a separation?


En caso de que me divorcie, ¿podría tener problemas con inmigración? ¿Podría perder mi tarjeta de residente?

Even if you decide to marry again, and you end up filling a request from your new partner, we advise to consult a lawyer. Sometimes there has to be a waiting period between a divorce and the new request.

Rolando asks:
I am married to an American citizen. I got my green card about a year ago. My green card will expire in ten years. I am currently going through a tough time in my marriage and I have decided to leave my wife. If I get a divorce, could I have problems with immigration? Could I lose my green card? Could I loose my permanent resident status?

Read More

Questions and concerns

For a confidential consultation to discuss your immigration case with an experienced immigration attorney, please contact Velasquez & Associates.

  • Durham: 919-765-5645
  • Raleigh: 919-838-2883
  • Charlotte: 704-900-2430

You may also contact us by email at immigration@velasquezlaw.net. Our bilingual attorneys provide clients with a comprehensive legal representation in a culturally sensitive environment. Servicio en Español.

Call us today at 919-765-5645

  • **No attorney-client relationship exists or should be assumed as a result of this communication. The information you obtain at this site is not intended to be legal advice.


Posted in Ask the lawyer, Velásquez y Asociados
[ + ]